Saturday, April 10, 2010

Today's mystifying child moment

Little Guy: Mom, did you know that last night I Googled 'junky kids toys on a wild goose chase', and nothing came up?

Well, no. I didn't know he knew how to Google anything. Or that he'd been online. And I couldn't imagine that my six year old  could spell well enough to get a real result, anyway.

Being the sort of person I am, I immediately typed junky kids toys on a wild goose chase in the search bar. There were some results (along with the interesting Did you mean funky kids toys on a wild goose chase?) but the words were scattered all over. So I added quotation marks to see if there were any instances of the phrase itself. And there weren't. At all. It hadn't occurred to me that there would ever be a phrase that was nowhere on the 'net. But there was.

Except, of course, now it's come into existence. 'Cause you read it here first.



2 comments:

  1. I didn't notice your first set of quotation marks in the post, and at first I thought you meant he googled "junky kids toys" on a wild goose chase. The latter yields 202 results in .33 seconds, for what that's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you google it now, you're first on the list.

    ReplyDelete