I'm at my Wellesley reunion this weekend. Snuggler is here with me.
I didn't go to my first college reunion, because I felt I wasn't amazing enough yet. (Yeah. Okay, laugh.) Then I didn't go because I hadn't kept in touch with many people, and didn't know who I'd talk to. I went once in a swirl of offspring, and don't remember much other than spending a night in the ER with Big Guy, who cracked his head open at the Boston Children's Museum.
This year I wanted to come, because it occurred to me that instead of thinking about reunion as a place to revisit old friends, I could look at it as a way to discover new and interesting ones. Also, I think I've finally purged the last of my desire to think I ought to somehow be Superwoman. So this evening I offer you...
Five reasons I don't want to be Superwoman
1. I don't want to spend that much time on my hair.
2. Relationships aren't so good on the fly.
3. Impermeability isn't as good as growing strong the old-fashioned way.
4. Who wants to hang out with you if you're perfect?
5. I want to have more to show for myself than skin.
More to come, in the next episode... (though you can add your own reasons, too!)