Sunday, June 10, 2012

It's been one of those live-at-the-ballet-studio kinds of weekends, what with dress rehearsal and performances and all. Very exciting for the girls (and a handful of boys). And then last night at intermission, Dancer came down with a violent stomach bug. How fast can you say, "Change of plans?"

Except ballet is one of those odd worlds where they actually want -- nay, expect -- you to show up no matter how you feel. And tonight is the gala. And guess who's determined to perform? Though I suppose I'll have to wake her up if that's going to be an option...

Hmmmm.

*         *         *         *

Snuggler has her last soccer game of the season this afternoon. Little Guy went to cheer her on. He owes her some fraternal support; they're going through a sibling rough patch that's mostly of his making. We'll see how it goes; I asked him what positive and encouraging thing he could say to her if the team lost, and he looked at me blankly.

Hmmmm.

*         *         *         *

The bathroom floor was dutifully destroyed, and then re-tiled. We're still waiting for the tiles to set, though we can walk on the boards covering the floor. Unfortunately, something went wrong when the Super re-installed the toilet, and it leaks whenever it's flushed. So we still have just one toilet for seven people (soon to be eight, when my dad arrives). That will be the case until Tuesday, because the Super has today and tomorrow off.

In case you wondered, several years ago I determined that the maximum number of potty-trained individuals you can have in the house without needing a second bathroom to prevent at least one crisis a day is... six.

Hmmmm.


Wish us luck.





2 comments:

  1. Update:
    Dancer danced. Unbelievable. (And I can't believe I really let her. Though I'm glad I did.)

    Snuggler's team won the game. She played goalie the whole time. I'm impressed.

    My dad arrived.

    The toilet still leaks.

    Onward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm Julia, I guess Onward is your battle cry and not a bad one at that. It explains so much yet says so little. Blessings.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete