Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ladybugs in my fridge

I'm up early this morning, stapling together paper plates. I'm slated to teach three classes about ladybugs in the park this weekend, and the closing craft is making paper plate puppets.

Before I leave for the classes I need to transfer a couple hundred ladybugs (who are sleeping in my fridge) into a separate container. Last time I did this I wasn't fast enough, the ladybugs woke up, and my family complained about insects crawling out of the toaster. Life is full of hazards.

Cool factoid of the day: ladybugs have yellow blood. When they play dead to fool predators, they can ooze some of the blood down their legs to make their act seem more realistic.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even take your class and I learned something new about ladybugs!! :) Thanks Julia. :) My grandkids would have loved your bug class!
    DebC

    ReplyDelete