There are a number of things I like about having kids involved in theater:
- It gives them an outlet for their dramatic streak. (Though maybe it's just practice... some days I'm not sure.)
- There's a sense of teamwork and cameraderie. This production has kids ages 6 to 18, and the older kids do rise to the challenge of setting a good example of the younger ones. That's nice.
- It's an activity for which the participatory time exceeds the transit time.
- Parents aren't allowed during rehearsals, so the kids can be proud of this as their own thing.
- The end product is fun to watch.
Where did Dorothy slip and fall down?
On the Yellow Slick Road.
Who made the yellow slick road slippery?
The Wizard of Ooze.
What did Dorothy sing after she slipped?
"Somewhere over the sprained toe!"
Who made Dorothy fall asleep in the poppy field?
The Wicked Witch of the Rest.
What did the Munchkins become when a house landed on them?
Snuggler, may you be like Dorothy and bring the house down.