Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The day's miscellany

1. We went to a kids' musical about the Constitution today that featured the rock group The Founding Fathers. I should probably stop right there, but I have to get this off my chest: The first amendment to the Constitution does not have anything to do with my right to tell my mother whether or not I like brussels sprouts.

2. Big Guy was doing his homework this evening, and upon closing his book said, "Note to self: don't find a big pearl." (Yes, Steinbeck.)

3. Tomorrow I have to speak at the PA meeting at Eldest's school, on the topic of college essays. I'm considered an expert, having gone through the "college process" a grand total of once. (Twice, if you count getting into college myself, decades ago.) Fortunately, I only have seven minutes to fill.

4. I have a deadline this afternoon. But oh wow -- it's evening already. Time to get busy!


p.s. I do like brussels sprouts. So do my kids.
------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can tell my mother that I hate squash, but I still have to eat it.

    ReplyDelete