Sunday, February 21, 2010

Re-entry

Little Guy burst into tears (and into my arms) as I walked in the door. Snuggler chanted, "I hate you! I hate you!", presumably because she was mad I'd been gone so long. Big Guy gave me a hug and told me he missed me. Andrew made coffee and bought half-and-half to celebrate. When Dancer got home, she gave me a big, long hug.

It was the longest I've ever been away: four days and three nights. It was the first time I'd been away with one of the kids. (The others missed Eldest badly.)

We all survived. The children were fed, and they all got where they needed to go. Whatever meltdowns occurred were not audible in Boston. The house was not a total disaster tonight (at least in the rooms I was permitted to see). Kudos to Andrew!

Tomorrow life will get back to normal. I'll be up at 5:30 to bake breakfast, and we'll have school as the main item on our agenda. Slowly I'll process my impressions of the trip, and figure out what it all means.
Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment