Monday, February 8, 2010

Our Super Bowl party

We had our annual Super Bowl party last night. We don't have cable, and our regular TV reception is so poor it looks like a blizzard, so we didn't watch the game. But every year we honor the football fanatics of our nation on this important day by eating junk food for dinner. Last night's menu consisted of popcorn, dry roasted peanuts, tater tots, hummus with carrots and pita, potato chips, and seltzer. (Normally I make nachos, but the store was out of tortilla chips.) Eldest, who came shopping with me, was a bit concerned that perhaps not everything qualified as junk food. I assured her that next year we'll do better. Case in point: this year not only did I find out which teams were playing, I also made note of who won the game.

1 comment:

  1. Methinks you need some educating about junk food. Unless you doused the popcorn with butter and salt, I'd call seven out of nine of your food items healthy.

    ReplyDelete