Friday, September 25, 2009
On the left: my kitchen wall. On the right: the bathroom wall that backs onto it. The plumber's words upon walking into the kitchen this morning were, "Wow, that's a lot of water!" Turns out the problem is a crumbling 2" pipe near the ceiling. To get to it from our apartment, they'd have to remove the entire cabinet unit in the kitchen, which is original (though resurfaced) from 1934. Instead, they've decided to take apart our upstairs neighbors' sink and dishwasher unit. Poor folks! Guess I'd better make supper for them.
The house smells AWFUL! Mildew, dust, mold... antihistamines are definitely in our plan for the day.
In happier news, today's schooling showed signs of progress. Stephen worked hard to earn his "cooperation candy". (Desperate times call for desperate measures: around here dark chocolate M&Ms stand for Mothers and Mental Health.)