Saturday, September 26, 2009

What we're working on

School has started, and in addition to academic subjects we have some skills we're building this year. Not in order of age:

One child is working on remembering to wear deodorant every day.

One child has a goal of figuring out how to relax and quickly recover when things don't go as planned.

One child is learning to do what is asked, even if it isn't something she likes to do.

One child is trying to remember to let sadness be sadness, instead of transforming it into anger.

One child is building social skills.

I continue to work on detachment, so that I can correct and guide the kids without getting so frustrated that I shout and yell. I would note that I fully expect my kids will meet their goals before I meet mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment