Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's done.


I finally sent off the article I was writing, a mere seven minutes before 5pm (Central Time, thankfully). It wasn't completely finished, but it was the best I could do under the circumstances. Yesterday our kitchen flooded three times -- there's a pipe broken in the wall somewhere, but the super's on vacation -- and we had a complicated math-ballet schedule. Then last night Eldest and I went to an MIT information session. Around midnight I finished a project that was due this morning, and today we had homeschool co-op (which meant that although I worked on the article starting at 6am, for much of the day I couldn't do anything except breathe deeply to keep stress at bay).

The folks from MIT were very engaging, and had a healthy sense of humor. Among the slides last night was a photo of the great dome painted as R2D2, and there were several posed shots labelled "fake students". A while back the MIT admissions blog had a video clip of some kids playing mattress dominoes, which I found amusing. That kind of stuff appeals to my inner geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment