Saturday, July 23, 2011

Full house!

Company rehearsal on stage between performances
I flew out to Detroit yesterday and met up with my mom, and the two of us went over to the (lovely) Detroit Opera House to see the final performances of the ABT Dance Intensive. The program divided instruction into four groups: Yellow, Blue (for 12-14 year olds) and Green and Violet (for ages 15+). Each group had two casts for each of two pieces. Dancer was in the 'tall' cast for Blue, and they did a modern dance choreographed by Ahn Nguyen to Bach's Magnificat and then the prologue to ABT's Sleeping Beauty. It was quite good. Good as in Is my daughter really doing that?

I also got to meet Rhonda Smith, who brought her niece to the show. Rhonda is one of the writers featured in Daily Guideposts: Your First Year of Motherhood. She now writes for EEW Magazine, which is run by Dianna Hobbs, another Motherhood writer who runs a blog with great devotionals.Small world, eh? It is good to get to know more of the excellent people who inhabit it.

Afterwards Dancer and my mom and I went out to dinner, and Dancer happily filled us on all the details of the month that we hadn't heard. She had a grand time. And it was very nice to hug her again, and to see her wonderful smile.

And now we are safely home, and all five of my children are here. I am happy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for you Julia. It's a great feeling. You guys are in my prayers!!
    DebC

    ReplyDelete