Monday, December 21, 2009

Random wondering

The other day I wondered how many items are on the average mom's to-do list. I don't mean the yellow pad list, but the whole thing: dropping off the prescription, making sure your teenage boy takes a shower, putting tissues in a child's pocket before she leaves the house, reminding kids to chew with their mouths shut. Some days my list feels like an endless game of Whack-a-Mole; as soon as I hammer down one thing, another pops up.

Tangentally, I wondered whether I talk to myself more (internally) these days than when I was, say, in college. I don't remember the non-stop mental chatter back then. That could be because I never noticed, it could be that there's more to keep track of now, or it could be that it seems there's more popping around up there because some portion of my gray matter is defunct and the same number of thoughts take up proportionally more space.

1 comment:

  1. No, it's that lo these many years have given you so many things to remember. Look at how easy it is for the little one to remember Absolutely Everything. It's because he's only got six years of clutter.

    ReplyDelete